What's new from version 9 to 10
- Mac OS X version
- Added stereoscopy (3D view) support with anaglyphs and Quad planes and save animations.
- Added shadow support using the shadow mapping technique for a better depth perception and enhance presentations.
- GMED: new module for treatment of medical images.
- Added shadow support.
- Ready for Windows Vista an 7
- Added support for usb's SpaceNavigator and 3D SpaceBall in Linux
- Plugins: tcl files inside the \plugins folder will be automatically sourced when starting.
- zoom centered on the current cursor when using mouse wheel
- Rhinoceros 4.0 export
- Import of x y z? ASCII files as points of nodes
- Import of 'ply' mesh files
- Geometric surfaces reconstruction from triangle or quadrilateral meshes.
- Join surfaces (also able to rebuild a single surface by contour)
- Boolean operations with multiple selection
- Tcl wrapper of the HDF5 library to read/write this data format.
- Boundary layer mesh generation in 3D
- Generation of quad dominant meshes (surface mesh with quadrilateral and triangles), if a meshing preference is set.
- New unstructured volume mesher available, based on constrained Delaunay algorithm.
- New unstructured non constrained volume mesher, based in Iso-stuffing.
- Force Points to Volume Mesh option available (Mesh Criteria->Force Points to Volume Mesh)
- Sphere/Circle mesher options in preferences window and new generation algorithms.
- Graphs: polar graphs, logarithmic scales, draw axes and labels, select grid color.
- Integral of a scalar or vector result over a mesh part.
- New Points/Circles/Spheres visualization mode: Internal texture
- Support for 'Units' has been added, both for mesh and results:
- Options->Geometry->Create delaunay meshes allows the user to create delaunay meshes from the nodes of the postprocess model
- New 18 nodes prism element
- New file *.post.lst: a file which contains a list of the files for multiple meshes and graphs.
- Isosurface exportation is done now with GiD format.
- Visualization: in the 'View Style' windows, possibility to visualize the preprocess model (geometry or mesh) with the postprocessed results. There is also de possibility to select which
- Render mode to use with the preprocess model.
- Basic postprocess state is saved and restored.
- CompassLIB problemtype Toolkit
- Separated customization manual
- New Tcl events:
BeforeCopy, AfterCopy, BeforeMove, AfterMove
AfterCreatePoint, BeforeDeletePoint, AfterCreateLine, BeforeDeleteLine, etc.
AfterCreateLayer AfterRenameLayer BeforeDeleteLayer AfterChangeLayer AfterSetLayerToUse
- Tcl-GiD commands:
GiD_Geometry can get and create more types of surfaces: plsurface, coonsurface and meshsurface
GiD_Geometry create line: new option to create NURBS interpolating points
GiD_Mesh'get' to obtain information of nodes and elements
GiD_Info Mesh also for meshes of post
GiD_Result create , -array option to efficiently handle data
New Tcl commands to register procedures (interesting for plugins)
To modify menus: GiD_RegisterPluginAddedMenuProc, GiD_UnRegisterPluginAddedMenuProc
To handle dropped files with some extension: GiD_RegisterExtensionProc, GiD_UnRegisterExtensionProc
GiD_OpenGL get modelviewmatrix|projectionmatrix|viewport , and polygonoffsetfill constant
GiD_OpenGL pgffont pushfont | popfont | print | dimensions | foreground | background
.central.s graphmode , dynamicbox, and dynamicline
- objarray command to ask type and length of this vector object
- New bas template commands:
*loop conditions nodes|bodyelements|faceelements|layers
*condname, *condnumfields, *condelemface *condhaslocalaxes
*matprop, *cond, *gendata, *intvdata: without arguments print all fields
- Grid data showed with a new widget to easily copy/paste big data, and a XY plot can be drawn
- Added option #WIDTH# to the Value: field in .cnd to set a specific width for value entries in the Condition Window
- Data Conditions NewCond process command, to define a new condition at runtime
- Hide/show all volume related menus and toolbars when setting the global variable GidPriv(HideVolumeLevel) to 1/0
- Updated to Tcl/Tk 8.5.8
- Added more Tcl packages: Tktable, sqlite, ..., and the rest updated to the latest versions.